- Rich learning resources available on the website of the Korean Language Education and Culture Centre
- Students can choose to experience Korea as an elective course
Applicants should fulfill any one of the following requirements:
- Level 2 in five subjects in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination including Chinese Language and English Language (no more than two Applied Learning subjects can be used in the application*); or equivalent; or
- Pass in one A Level or two AS Level subjects, plus five passes in HKCEE including Level 2/Grade E in Chinese Language and English language, or equivalent; or
- Satisfactory completion of the Yi Jin Diploma Programme; or
- Satisfactory completion of a Pre-Associate Degree programme, or equivalent; or
- Aged 21 or above.
* "Attained" and "Attained with Distinction" Level in Applied Learning subjects will be considered as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 3 in HKDSE subjects respectively.
# Interview is required.
This programme will be offered on a full-time basis and its duration will be two years. The programme is based on a credit unit system. The total no. of credit units is 67, which includes 65 required units of major courses and 2 units in elective courses of the student's choice.Click here for programme structure details
CUSCS has online Korean Language Education and Culture Centre in order to support students in studying Korean and studying in Korea. For more information, please visit KLECC website.
Articulation agreement has been made between CUSCS and the following Korea universities:
1. Konkuk University
2. Kyung Hee University
3. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
4. Mokpo National University
5. Sun Moon University
Students can also apply for undergraduate degree programmes offered by local universities or other overseas universities.
Mode of Delivery
This is a taught programme. Some modules will be supplemented by on-line materials whenever appropriate. Assignments and course materials will be another important means to help students' to acquire the language skills.Medium of Instruction
Medium of teaching will be in Korean, Chinese, and English as deemed appropriate. Learning materials will be in Korean, English, and Chinese as deemed appropriate.Assessment Methods
The performance of participants is monitored and assessed by a variety of assessment methods, such as projects, class participation, assignments, tests and examinations.
Award of Diploma
To qualify for the Higher Diploma awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, a participant must
- have met the 70% attendance requirement of each module;
- have an overall pass for each module of the programme; and
- have a CGAP of 1.5 or above.
Central Learning Centre
EnquiriesTel: 3111-7276 / 3943-9017
Experience Korea is the most popular learning activity for students. Classes will be arranged to learn Korean in Korea in summer. Students not only put into practice on what has been learned from the programme, but also experience Korean culture and expand their horizons. Students can gain fruitful experience during their 2-year Korean study at CUSCS.
We arranged various Korean culture and exchange programmes for our students to enhance their understanding of Korean language and culture.